Sewer lines are a major component of your plumbing system. These essential pipes remove waste from your house or business and deliver it to municipal pipelines or a septic tank. To keep sewage under control, we offer a full range of services, including sewer video inspections, sewer line repair and replacement, and sewer pipe installation for new construction.
Pro Service Mechanical has a well-trained, certified and fully-insured team of experts to handle your sewer issues. We’ve been serving the locals in Saskatoon, SK since 2008 with friendly service and upfront pricing. Just check out our A+ BBB rating to see what makes our team special!
Need help pinpointing a pipe blockage or damage? We’ll find it no problem with a video camera inspection!
The Main Causes of Sewer Problems
Backed-up toilets and raw sewage in the yard aren’t a welcome experience. But why do these problems occur? There are a few primary reasons your sewer lines can cause issues:
- Damaged Pipes: Shifting soil, below-freezing weather, tree root invasion, and other natural elements can cause pipes to crack, collapse or puncture underground.
- Blockages: Standard clogs from grease buildup, excess soap residue, or foreign matter not intended for sewers can restrict proper flow and lead to major damage.
- Corrosion: Old, worn-out pipes can deteriorate over time. Even if the corrosion is only on the inside of the pipe, and can cause blockages, leading to further deterioration.
The Dangers of a Leaking Sewer Line
Once you realize a sewer line needs to be addressed, don’t put it off too long. Sewage pooling around your property isn’t just smelled, it’s a health hazard! Leaking pipes can also weaken your drainage system, causing separations and vulnerabilities.
In your home or business’ interior leaks can damage surfaces, making the cost of repair spike. You might even have to replace furniture, cabinets, appliances, or other big-ticket items. And ongoing leaks can cause extensive structural damage. It’s better to have all these concerns addressed from the get-go. Call Pro Service Mechanical for fast sewer help in Saskatoon. We’ll handle your sewer line replacement or repairs with ease!
Is your foundation facing structural damage? We can help with long-lasting slab leak repair services!
7 Warning Signs of a Sewer Leak
Sewer leaks can be challenging to detect. Often the problem lies underground or below your foundation, making evidence and warning signs invisible. Pay attention to these indicators:
- Trickling sounds in walls or ceiling
- High utility bills
- Mouldy or moist surfaces
- Bad smells
- Foundation cracks
- Lush grass or sunken lawn areas
- Rat problem