A slow draining sink or clogged toilet are more than just inconvenient. Clogs in the pipes can damage the overall integrity of your plumbing system and wreak havoc on your property! Don’t neglect a pesky clog—we’re here to help in Saskatoon, SK!
Pro Service Mechanical is a drain cleaning company with a full staff of licensed and experienced professionals. We know the latest techniques for clogged drain repair, and use environmentally-friendly methods to get things flowing. Enjoy up-front pricing and workmanship that maintains a strong local reputation!
Did someone flush something they shouldn’t have? We’ll get the situation under control with clogged toilet repair!
Pro Tips for Avoiding Clogged Drains
Each drain should be handled with care. Here’s our tips to avoid clogs throughout the house:
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper. Napkins, paper towels, and feminine products don’t break down properly and can quickly create a blockage.
- Prevent small children from flushing unattended. Add a toilet lid safety latch lid-catch to prevent access for toddlers.
- Excessive hair and soap residue can build up and block your drains. Install a mesh-screen hair catcher and clean it frequently.
- If you have a pop-up plug, disassemble and clean regularly.
- Dispose of food instead of putting it in the sink (even if you have a garbage disposal).
- Don’t put grease, oil, banana peels, fibrous vegetables or coffee grinds down the drain.
- Always run hot water while using the garbage disposal.
Do You Have a Drain Problem?
Some drain problems are less noticeable than, say, a clogged toilet. Use your senses to detect an issue:
- WATCH for water that drains slower than usual.
- LISTEN for gurgling sounds in sink drains and toilets.
- Be aware of bad or unusual SMELLS coming from sinks, appliances, and toilets.
If you notice these problems, let Pro Service Mechanical handle your drain cleaning services in Saskatoon. We’ll get liquids flowing as they should!
Clogs can quickly lead to cracks, leaks and property damage. Our skillful team handles repiping services when you need a lasting repair!
Are Chemical Drain Cleaners Safe?
It can be tempting to grab a chemical drain cleaning solution and dump it into a clogged sink or toilet. But these toxic and harsh chemicals weaken your plumbing system over time.
Thin spots in your pipes are vulnerable to tree root invasion. These solutions also create porous surfaces inside your pipes. This actually promotes buildup and increases the possibility of future clogs. We use eco-friendly and pipe-safe techniques to solve clogged drains. Don’t hesitate to call when you have a blockage!