Hot water heaters are a must-have in any climate. They provide clean, hot water for showers and appliances such as dishwashers and laundry machines. Hot water is necessary in order for these appliances to work properly. It is very important to pay attention to your water heater and any issues you are experiencing, as some of these problems can be dangerous and potentially life-threatening. At Pro Service Mechanical, we are dedicated to providing expert water heater services to all Saskatoon SK residents. There’s no better time for an inspection, because we are currently offering $50 off your hot water heater repair service!
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair or Replacement
Like any utility in a home or business, hot water heaters require routine maintenance to keep them running optimally. They should also be replaced about every 10-15 years. Repairing and replacing hot water heaters can be dangerous without professional equipment, so it’s best to consult a water heater specialist when your unit needs maintenance. At Pro Service Mechanical, we have the proper tools and experience to inspect, repair, and replace your hot water heater. Keep an eye out for these common water heater problems that can signify that your unit needs attention:
- Running out of hot water quickly: If you have a hot water heater with a tank, there are 2 heating elements that heat the water. If you find your water is not hot enough or you run out of hot water quickly, it can be a sign that one of the heating elements isn’t working properly.
- Smelly or discolored water: There’s nothing less appealing than when you go to turn on the water for your morning shower, only to find that the water coming out is brown and smelly. This is usually caused by a buildup of sediment and minerals inside your water heater. When water enters your home through the main water inlet, it brings dirt, minerals, and other sediment with it. Over time, these substances can accumulate and solidify, impeding the functionality of your hot water heater. This can be solved by flushing the tank. As a preventative measure, your hot water heater tank should be flushed at least once per year to keep it working properly.
- High utility bills: Many hot water heater problems can limit the energy efficiency of your water heater. If you notice a sudden increase in your utility bills and don’t know why, it could be your hot water heater at fault. Our experts will come and inspect your water heater to make sure it is up to par and resolve any issues.
- Noisy water heater: You may hear some mild buzzing or rumbling sounds coming from your hot water heater, but this is normal as it ages. However, if these sounds become loud banging, popping, or cracking sounds, this could be a sign that something is wrong. Commonly, mineral buildups and broken tubes can cause these alarming sounds.
- Signs of pipe or equipment corrosion: If you see rust on the outside of your hot water heater, or if your water comes out brown, this is a sign you need a new hot water heater installed. Some people may get by with replacing the rusty parts, but this is only a temporary solution. The only way to completely solve this problem is by getting a new unit.
- Water heater running constantly: A water heater that won’t stop running can quickly run up your utility bills. Leakages, sediment buildup, and loose connections can all cause your water heater to run when it doesn’t need to.
- Leaking water heater: A leaking water heater can be very dangerous, as it can cause significant water damage and structural damage to your home. If a water heater leak is left unattended for too long, it could result in wood rot, which can be very time consuming and expensive to remediate. That’s why it is so important to repair or replace your water heater as soon as you notice something is wrong.
Resolving issues with your water heater is very important for your health and safety. A defective or faulty water heater can cause a gas leak, fire hazards, or even an explosion. An explosion can be caused by too much internal pressure inside the unit. Most water heaters have a safety mechanism to prevent this from occurring, but if you are not sure if yours has one, call us for an inspection right away. We will thoroughly inspect your water heater for any issues, minor or major, to keep you and everyone in the building safe.
Water Heater Replacement in Saskatoon SK
There are several different types of hot water heaters to choose from today, each with their own distinctive pros and cons. There are conventional water heaters, tankless water heaters, hybrid water heaters, and more. At Pro Service Mechanical, we are the water heater experts, so we will help you decide on the type that will best suit your needs.
Conventional water heaters are the most common type of hot water heaters. They consist of a tank that fills with water and is heated by a gas burner or electrical heat source. While technology has advanced to make these types of heaters more efficient and economical, they are still less so than the alternatives because of the larger volume of water that needs to be heated.
Tankless water heaters, as the name suggests, do not involve a tank full of water. Rather, tankless water heaters only draw up as much water as you need at a time, and heats it through a heater coil. This results in a much lower water and energy consumption rate than conventional water heaters. While they are more energy efficient and will save you money on your utility bills, they are typically more expensive up front than the alternatives.
Hybrid water heaters, also known as heat pump water heaters, use 60% less energy than conventional electric water heaters, resulting in significantly lower utility bills! One thing worth noting about heat pump water heaters is that they work optimally between 40 and 90 degrees fahrenheit, so it may not be a viable option for colder climates.
Water Heater Maintenance by Pro Service Mechanical in Saskatoon SK
At Pro Service Mechanical, we are passionate about providing residents of Saskatoon SK with exceptional water heater maintenance services. Every technician we employ is certified, expertly trained, and highly skilled. We understand the importance of having a reliable water heater for your home or business’s comfort and safety. That’s why we are currently offering a special of $50 off your water heater repair service! We pride ourselves on providing reliable and friendly service in a timely manner – because water heater issues can’t wait!
Feel free to give us a call at (306) 230-2442 to learn more, or to schedule your water heater inspection, repair, or replacement!